Pumpkin and autumn spice muffins (vegan + gluten free)
The perfect recipe to bring the smell of fall into your home!
This recipe uses our famous gluten-free all-purpose flour and Cinnamon Bakery baking powder, available online HERE .
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 2/3 cups of Cinnamon Bakery All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and clove)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder Cinnamon Bakery
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and water. Let thicken for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (Cinnamon Bakery all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt).
- In the same bowl as the chia mixture, whisk together the wet ingredients (chia mixture, pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup, brown sugar and molasses) until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended. There should be no trace of flour left.
- If using, add the chopped walnuts, you can also reserve some for the top garnish.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.