Cranberry pecan scones
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour Cinnamon Gluten Free Bakery
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 C. salt
- 1 cup grated cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- sugar to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and baking soda
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Grate the butter over this bowl.
- Beat the egg and mix it with sour cream.
- Add sour cream mixture to dry mixture, stirring.
*It is normal for the dough to be dry, use your hands to mix it better. If necessary, add a little milk, but the secret to a good scone is a drier, non-sticky batter.
- When the batter is mixed, stir in the nuts and cranberries and mix with your hands.
- Divide the dough into three balls. Crush the balls and then cut them into 4, 6 or 8 triangles depending on the size of the scone desired. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the scones.
- Bake on a well-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until the scones are golden brown on the bottom and lightly browned on top.
It's ready !